Welcome to the home page of the Albany Co-Ed Soccer League.
Our 14 teams play in Albany and Berkeley California. Men must be 25 and over, women 18 and over.
Contact the teams directly if you would like to join.
Teams looking for players can post an ad on their team page that will also appear on the "Teams Looking For Players" page under the "Player Info" tab.
ACSL is a CSAN/USSF affiliated league. Our games feature 3-man referee crews (Center Ref + 2 ARs).
Albany Co-ed Soccer League (ACSL) exists for the purpose of providing a safe, fun co-ed soccer league with an understanding that the top division can be competitive. ACSL requires all players to sign a Conduct form prior to being registered in the league where they agree to act in a positive, friendly and sporting manner, showing respect for other players and referees. The League encompasses a wide age range and ability so as to promote inclusivity. Violent conduct such as fighting with other players or the ref (including threatening words or gestures) will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary committee review and possible banishment from the league.
New players!!! Please contact the team manager directly if you are interested in joining a team.
Teams looking for new players will often post a note on the "Teams Looking For Players" page.
- Grass Field Rain-out line: 510-981-5161 then press 2
- Berkeley Non-Emergency Police Line: 510-981-5900
Fall 2019 Champions: Flying Pigs FC
-Congratulations to Flying Pigs on winning the championship!
-Honorable mention to Hopkins Meggers, top finishers from the "non-previously-D1" pool of teams.
2019 Thanksgiving Weekend Tournament Recap
Due to poor weather and getting a late start on organizing the tournament, it was not a huge affair this year but we still had ~20 people show up to finish the Fall 2019 season with some post-Thanksgiving soccer. Players were split into two teams for a full-field game, with the White/Black Team (mostly Stars/TCU/Campo) defeating the Blue Team (mostly XO/Campo/Flying Pigs/Booty) 5-4.
More importantly, we were able to gather $126 for the Alameday County Community Food Bank.
Thank you for donating and coming to play a little more soccer!
Spring 2020 starts Sunday March 8th (stay tuned for schedule and format)
- Albany Co-Ed Soccer League Registration Requirements- Fall 2019 Season
- Albany Waiver is now electronic: https://www.webwaiver.com/sign/acsl/teamwaiver
- All players (new and returning) need to sign the Albany waiver again
- Players need to be registered to a team on the basoccer.org website. To do this Players must:
- Go to "User Login" (link is in the upper right hand corner)
- Then go to "Player Registration"
- Select the team you wish to join and check the season then click Submit.
- It will then be up to that team's manager to add you to their roster. Selecting a team does not guarantee placement. Communicate with the team manager in order to get added to their team
- If you are confused about player registration contact a league manager.
- CSAN Registration Requirements:
- Before the FALL season (and every new team to the league) each team manager will fill out the CSAN Annual Team Form and send to Steve Williams or Brian McCarthy. You will need to call CSAN and pay the $100 fee via Credit Card which unlocks your team on the CSAN reg system for the new season.
- Send your players to http://cnadult-albany.affinitysoccer.com and they can register with CSAN online.
- If your players can not register for themselves, then you need to go to http://cnadult-albany.affinitysoccer.com and:
- Go to the registration part which is right hand window.
- For Managers that don't have the password you can create a new account.
- For players already in the system you will type their name, date of birth, gender all their info should appear.
- Upload a copy of the players CSAN Waiver they signed by using the file upload icon next to the photo upload icon.
- For new players you will have to enter in their info plus a good quality headshot photo & the CSAN Waiver.
- Passes will come to Stephen Williams.
- See the Manager FAQ above for more info. *updated 8.23.2018
- Reminder for existing players that plan to switch teams:
- Prior to one (1) month before the season starts, communication (email) including the affected player, BOTH teams’ managers, and a league president must be sent so the original team has time to prepare for losing a player.
- Once the deadline for transfer without approval has passed, a player may only change teams with approval of the team they are intending to leave. Approval may be waived by the league if there are special circumstances which warrant allowing the transfer.
League message regarding co-ed play:
No more than 6 men may be on the field at any time with the exception of up to 1 man over 50 years old taking the place of a woman.
Female players must be over 18 whereas male players must be over 25.
With regard to the first rule, in no way is this to be interpreted as equating the ability of female players with a 50 yr old. That is not the intent of the rule. This rule is for expediency's sake.....meaning that it's very hard to find female players and this is a way to field teams and also include older players. Our immediate co-ed neighbor now fields 14 teams thereby narrowing the pool considerably.