Welcome to the home page of the Albany Co-Ed Soccer League.
We play in Albany and Berkeley California. Men must be 25 and over, women 18 and over.
Our 11 v 11 games feature 3 referee crews (Center Ref + 2 ARs).
MISSION STATEMENT Albany Co-ed Soccer League is all about fun competitive co-ed soccer. We are a league with an understanding that fun soccer is positive and friendly. We show respect for other players and referees. The League encompasses a wide range of ages and abilities. Violent conduct, including threatening words or gestures, is not tolerated and is subject to disciplinary committee review.
New players!!! email us to join as a free agent. Also, contact the team manager directly if you are interested in joining a team.
Teams looking for new players will often post a note on the "Teams Looking For Players" page.
- Grass Field Rain-out line: 510-981-5161 then press 2
- Berkeley Non-Emergency Police Line: 510-981-5900
Winter 8 v 8 starts December 3! 11 weeks, games at 1, 2, 3 and 4 PM. Two games each Sunday for each team. That's 22 games!
- Albany Co-Ed Soccer League Registration Requirements- Winter 2023/2023 Season
- Albany Co-ed Soccer Waiver
- COVID policy and waiver
- Players need to be registered to a team on the basoccer.org website.
- Go to "User Login" (link is in the upper right hand corner)
- Then go to "Player Registration"
- Select the team you wish to join and check the season then click Submit.
- It will then be up to that team's manager to add you to their roster. Selecting a team does not guarantee placement. Communicate with the team manager in order to get added to their team
- If you are confused about player registration contact a league manager.
- Passes will not be required, only the "game card" from basoccer.org. The managers should print this and give it to the ref when checking in.
- See the Manager FAQ above for more info. *updated 8.23.2018
- Reminder for existing players that plan to switch teams:
- Prior to one (1) month before the season starts, communication (email) including the affected player, BOTH teams’ managers, and a league president must be sent so the original team has time to prepare for losing a player.
- Once the deadline for transfer without approval has passed, a player may only change teams with approval of the team they are intending to leave. Approval may be waived by the league if there are special circumstances which warrant allowing the transfer.
League message regarding co-ed play:
No more than 6 men may be on the field at any time with the exception of up to 1 man over 50 years old taking the place of a woman.
Female players must be over 18 whereas male players must be over 25.
With regard to the first rule, in no way is this to be interpreted as equating the ability of female players with a 50 yr old. That is not the intent of the rule. This rule is for expediency's sake.....meaning that it's very hard to find female players and this is a way to field teams and also include older players. Our immediate co-ed neighbor now fields 14 teams thereby narrowing the pool considerably.